On Monday, 12/6, users from all over the United States convened in Concord, NC (just outside of Charlotte) for the 5th Annual Picture Perfect User Group Conference (PPUG). The two day conference covered the highlights of the newest version of Picture Perfect, keynote speakers from the security industry, and training sessions instructed by industry experts.
The first day of the PPUG conference featured a welcome speech by Eugene Martin, President of Security Management Consulting (SMC). The highlights of the first day session included keynote speakers Allen Harper, Founder of N2NetSecurity, Luis Orbegoso, President of Lenel International, and lunch speaker Mike Regelski, Chief Technology Officer for UTC. Additional speakers included Colleen Moss of the Charlotte FBI who conducted a presentation on cyber security, Debbie Fox on the Picture Perfect 4.5 release,and SMC’s Mike Baranski conducting an end-user roundtable.
The second day of the PPUG Conference included four training sessions taking place all day long. The educational sessions included the following topics:
- “Introduction to SQL Reporting for Picture Perfect”
- “Code Considerations for Access-Controlled Doors”
- “Implementing IP Video Surveillance Systems”
- “Advanced SQL Queries”
- “Getting What You Pay For: Acceptance and Commissioning of Security Projects”
- “Introduction to UNIX/LINUX for Picture Perfect Administration”
- “Monitoring and Maintaining Picture Perfect: A Practical Guide”
- “Best Practices for Access Control Systems”
In addition, the PPUG Conference also included special evening activities for attendees and a prize drawing at the close of the event.
The 2011 event is currently being planned, and information will be posted to their website: www.ppug.org. Additionally, you can view a presentations in PDF form by clicking on the title by clicking here. For corporate security design and training, you may contact the PPUG corporate sponsor – SMC – at 877-788-9200 or complete the consultation form on our website.