Security Management Consulting works with electric utilities to achieve compliance with the North American Energy Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) cyber security standards, mandated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
SMC‘s consultants have experience in the following NERC areas:
- Designing a physical security program for the protection of critical assets.
- Identifying and documenting critical assets.
- Defining security management controls to protect critical assets.
- Performing personnel risk assessments, training, and security awareness.
- Reporting of security incidents.
- Developing recovery plans for critical assets